We are thrilled to partner with TALMA– The Israel Program for Excellence in English, to offer Hebrew Public network teachers an all-expenses-paid (flight, meals, accommodation, PD, excursions) summer professional development experience in Israel. Accepted Fellows will:
- grow their teacher toolkit while collaborating in a classroom alongside a local Israeli co-teacher
- gain exposure to the Hebrew language through an immersive cultural experience in one of TALMA’s summer placement communities
- experience Israel through a unique professional development program that includes –
- PD sessions with partners such as Relay Graduate School of Education.
- Speaker-series with Israel’s ‘Teachers of the State’ such as ‘Teaching Through the Noise.’
- Visits to social initiatives and start-ups that will expose teachers to the entrepreneurial spirit of ‘The Start-Up Nation’ while fostering a creative problem-solving approach and mindset.
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with Hebrew Public teachers from across the network as well as 200+ educators from around the world
- Weekend learning retreats in locations throughout Israel…and more!
- develop their global citizenship through a firsthand service-learning experience in Israel which they can bring back to their Hebrew Public classrooms to share with students and the Hebrew Public community.
ALEX BONSER – PHP
״TALMA provided me with a unique and exciting learning experience. I learned and grew from other teachers, made connections, and gained stronger teaching habits, skills, and tools."
ROGER KATZ – HEBREW PUBLIC
“Having the opportunity to immerse myself and experience the culture of Israel reaffirmed my commitment to creating a more open-minded and empathetic next generation. Spending a month in Israel gave me the opportunity to visit holy sites like Masada and the Western Wall and experience Jewish culture from a perspective I’ve not yet experienced.”
SHAVON JORDAN – PHP
"As a SpEd teacher at Philadelphia Hebrew Public who supports ESL programming, I was excited for the opportunity to teach English and to also learn more Hebrew. Teachers who have been to Israel give students a window into the country. Now I can describe my experience, especially for Black students at our school."
SHANNON WHITAKER – HLA
"When I saw that working at Hebrew Public I’d have the opportunity to immerse myself in the Hebrew culture and teach abroad, I knew I had to apply. Now, being accepted to TALMA is like a vision coming true. TALMA offered me the opportunity to merge all my passions and use my skills to advance in my career.”