What you can expect from the fellowship:
Fellows commit to teaching Hebrew at a Hebrew Public school for two years. During this time, you will:
• Greatly enhance your fluency in English
• Be immersed in American society and culture;
• Develop expertise in the proficiency-based approach to language instruction, considered the gold standard in foreign language education;
• Develop overall skills as educators working in schools that serve children from a wide array of backgrounds.
• Hebrew Public and its partners will help you get a visa, find an apartment, and become acclimated.
• We’ll cover the cost of your initial flight to the US and your return trip to Israel upon the conclusion of the fellowship.
• You’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits from the schools.
• You’ll participate in the best professional development opportunities for Hebrew teachers in the prestigious Middlebury College.
• You’ll get assistance in finding a teaching job in Israel with enhanced skills to pivot your career.
Meet the Arbel fellows
Arbel Fellowship Teachers 2021
(from left to right)
Rina Pitkis (Kavod), Shir Zamir (PHP), Talia Frochsad (PHP), Roy Kfir (Kavod), Oren Poria (PHP), Yaara Robinson (Sela), Shira Politzer (Sela), Ilan Politzer (Sela)