Website Hebrew Public
Location: 3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: Summer 2019
Network Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
School Website: www.philadelphiahebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens. Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
Hebrew Public’s network currently contains thirteen schools in four states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 2,500 students. In New York City, we serve as the Charter Management Organization for schools in Brooklyn and Harlem.
The network’s first school in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Hebrew Public plans to open in August 2019, serving 156 students in kindergarten and 1st grade. The school will add a grade level each year until it ultimately serves grades K to 8 in the 2026-27 school year. PHP will provide students with a sophisticated core curriculum in English Language Arts, mathematics, Modern Hebrew, the sciences, social studies, art, music, and physical education.
About the Position:
This is an exciting time to join Philadelphia Hebrew Public and serve as a founding social worker. Join a remarkable community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about meaningful integration and global education and are relentlessly committed to ensuring students from all backgrounds attain high levels of academic achievement. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a social worker who is experienced, knowledgeable and passionate about working with at-risk students. The social worker at Philadelphia Hebrew Public will be responsible for providing services for students through home visits, in school counseling and intervention, teacher consultation, and supporting with building and maintaining relationships with mental health providers. Additionally, the social worker will also be responsible for providing services for students who need crisis intervention. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Modern Hebrew.
Job Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Create and maintain and organized system for professional documentation of services and referrals provided to students and families;
- Complete documentation, progress notes and reports as required by state, local and federal mandates and ethical responsibilities;
- Create ambitious goals for improvement and aligned plans for intervention for students who require support to succeed behaviorally and academically;
- Measure the impact of counseling services and intervention through tracking data aligned to the individualized goals set for at-risk students;
- Provide individualized and group counseling services to address specific student needs that impact their ability to be successful in their classrooms;
- Build strong relationships with families to support student growth;
- Manage child abuse reporting, including supporting mandated reports when needed, and to communicate with Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services;
- Coordinate and offer services with outside providers to support families and the school in accessing community resources as needed;
- Conduct home and community visits as needed to assess and support student and family needs;
- Be highly visible and present during the school day to students and staff;
- Collaborate with the school’s leadership team to develop and implement the school’s social emotional learning program;
- Work collaboratively with all staff members to model and drive solutions oriented mindset when approaching challenging situations and student behaviors;
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of teaching staff, including participation in staff meetings and school-wide events.
- LSW in Pennsylvania, with experience serving as a social worker for school aged children. LCSW preferred.
- Ability to work well on a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in an urban school setting in which students are selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria is preferred, not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://grnh.se/8f5244bb2 →