Website Hebrew Public
About Hebrew Public:
Hebrew Public (formerly the Hebrew Charter School Center) is a national network of public charter schools with the following unique characteristics:
- Racially and economically diverse schools (we are a member of the National Coalition of Diverse Charter Schools)
- A focus on global citizenship, helping students become empathetic, ethical, intellectually curious young adults committed to solving the world’s problems
- A dual language partial immersion program in Modern Hebrew with accompanying focus on the study of Israel
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Associate is responsible for supporting the non-instructional operations of the school. The Operations Associate is a member of the school’s operations team and helps maintain a friendly, safe, and professional school environment.
- Engaging in office reception activities such as: fostering a welcoming environment, answering phone calls, responding to electronic communication, completing copy requests, maintaining files, and greeting students, staff, and visitors
- Updating dismissal changes
- Assisting with main office aesthetics, event execution, and vendor communication
- Collection of attendance and meal tracking sheets and other administrative duties as required
- Other tasks as assigned to support the mission of the school
Student and Family Engagement
- Foster an attitude of cooperation and positive support for all school staff and parents
- Build strong relationships with staff and families to support students
- Communicate effectively with school leadership, staff, and families
- Review and distribute mail/school email/phone calls to appropriate staff
- Duplicate, coordinate and distribute notices and curriculum materials as directed by supervisor
- Attention to detail: Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand
- Flexibility: Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities
- Independence: Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects
- Collaborative: Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization
- Preference for 1 to 3 years of office experience.
- Experience working with elementary school children is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft applications is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org