Website Hebrew Public
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Various Brooklyn Locations
CMO Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Hebrew Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic.
- Manages an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and the development of the whole child
- Maintains complete and accurate records of each student’s academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Plans, documents, and carries out daily lessons.
- Teaches curriculum based on state and national standards.
- Recognizes the needs of individual students and the entire group and offers support and flexibility as needed.
- Establishes consistent and logical limits, expectations, and classroom routines for students.
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom in a clean and organized fashion.
- Handles stressful situations with patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Fosters a cooperative and respectful partnership with families:
- Maintains close relationships with parents, communicating on a regular basis.
- Facilitates parent-teacher conferences, providing written materials as required.
- Participates in a parent evening at the beginning of the school year.
- Works as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the goals of the School:
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to in-service activities and staff meetings.
- Participates in the development of curriculum, and assesses its effectiveness in the classroom.
- Consults the Hebrew Director or Head of School in a timely manner to address the needs of struggling students.
- Collaborates with colleagues to share experience and knowledge.
- Continues intellectual and professional development:
- Observes the classrooms of colleagues as possible.
- Welcomes observation by and feedback from colleagues and other professionals in education and related fields.
- Seeks out and attends workshops, seminars, and courses relating to child development, education, and language acquisition.
- Follows policies and standards established by the Public Charter School, and the State’s Department of Education.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills in English and a native or near-native level of fluency in Hebrew.
- Knowledge of language acquisition and Proficiency-based language instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred; experience in an urban school setting in which the students were selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria is preferred
- Hold NYS certification or working towards certification is preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter to our Director of Talent and Recruitment: email@example.com.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org