Start Date: Winter 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NY
CMO Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Dean of Student Support Services for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew.
Job Responsibilities – Student Support
- Support and promote the school’s culture, professional values and standards, and serve as a role model for all students and staff
- Build and reinforce lasting relationships with families to support students’ success, including regular phone calls and conferences
- Supervise students who have been removed from the classroom and ensure proper follow-up, involving faculty and families as appropriate
- Support the infusion of social emotional learning, positive behavior management, and character education into all aspects of school life
- Partner with and support teachers on building strong classroom cultures and fostering positive behavior in all students
- Build students’ skills for independently preventing and resolving disagreements
- Inspire students to hold themselves to high standards of academics and character
- Manage all suspension protocols, including ensuring alternative instruction
- Develop, implement, and manage student attendance plans to ensure a high percentage of school wide attendance and timely arrival
- Manage and provide high levels of support in crisis situations with students, teachers and families
Job Responsibilities – Special Education
- Serves as the primary liaison between the district and school personnel for special education services provided by the school
- Coordinates and oversees special education services and personnel to ensure students’ needs are being met at the school
- Works with the network Director of Special education to ensure compliance at the school level.
- Provides specialized instructional support and leadership in progress monitoring, student observations, and consultation with general education teachers.
- Supports the development of students’ IEPs and curriculum development
- NYS General and/or Special Education Certification
- Masters Degree in Education, Special Education or related field
- Three years full-time classroom teaching experience, preferably in grades pre-K-5
- 1-3 years of experience coaching staff to implement behavioral and academic interventions
- A team player, with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
- Very strong understanding of the social and emotional development of children and restorative practices
- Exceptionally effective at building lasting and meaningful relationships with elementary aged students and families
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong track record of student achievement in your past roles
- A strong sense of personal accountability for school wide student achievement and social emotional growth
- An unshakable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter to our Director of Talent and Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com